|Photo via Christian Freedom|
I woke up yesterday morning to read my daily devotion -Our Daily Bread, Hyperseeing- which in the weirdest way addressed how I have been feeling this whole 2014. *Btw, I am so over this year already...I want 2015 to come already, lol* Anyways, right after I read the devotion and meditated, the words got me tweeting. In about 10 minutes max on the bus on my way to the office, I tweeted;
- For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son - Rom 8:29
- And now I am beginning to understand that the "conforming" is not always an easy process.
- That "conforming" is also the "refining", which speaks of fire for gold to come out shiny (glorious). It hurts, it burns!
- But we are supposed to count it all Joy right? I am still trying to find how to do that.
- These are the times you don't even know what to pray. You wake up in the morning and just say "Help me Lord". lol
- Because you seem to have prayed all the prayer "prayable" but nothing seems to be moving. So, "Help Me Lord" would just seem appropriate.
- Then you remember that there is the Spirit of God that is there to "help us in our weaknesses" - Rom 8:26
- "We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." - Rom 8:26
- These are the times we are thankful for the Spirit that resides on the inside of us!
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, bcos the Spirit intercedes for us in accordance with the will of God - Rom 8:27
- *sigh* Help Me Lord.
- Song of the day. After reading my devotion today, this came to mind bit.ly/1bMnQTI
- That song is such a HARD prayer to pray but it has to be prayed. It just has to.
Here is the song (Keep Making Me - Sidewalk Prophets) I played pretty much through out the day.
The part of the lyrics that really hit home for me were;
So I can be filled
‘Cause I’m still holding
Onto my will
And I’m completed
When you are with me
Make me empty
This is the conforming/refining that may have to take place in my life for me in this season. Like I said above, it is a hard prayer but it has to be prayed. I am so over trying to work life out by myself, because I'm afraid of how painful and uncomfortable "conforming/refining" me might be. But clearly, my fear of this has not gotten me anywhere so God I give up, just do you.